[rt-users] Reminders are setting off one of my OnCreate Scrips

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Fri Dec 4 13:16:56 EST 2009

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:53:00 -0500, "Kyle McKinley" <kjm at 123.net> said:
> So I have queue "turnup" that has a scrip OnCreate>NotifyCCs.  I just
> started playing around with Reminders.  They create a new ticket in that
> queue, but oddly enough, don't show up in the RT at a Glance
> SavedSearch, where they actually should according to my parameters
> (Queue= Turnup AND Status NOT Resolved.)  Which is fine because I don't
> want them there.  The problem is that my CCs are getting emailed
> something that is totally unrelated to what the Template was created for
> ie. notifying my CCs of a new customer for Turnup.  I only want the
> Owner of the reminder to receive an email.  Is there any was around this
> issue?  I can't seem to find anything related in the archives.  BTW,
> this is my first post here.

So, you want CCs to be notified when a normal ticket is created, but not
when a reminder is created?
I think you'll need to set a custom condition for the OnCreate NotifyCCs
scrip, something that will trigger when the transaction type is Create
and the ticket type is not reminder.

I'm-not-yet-fully-awake-so-check-my-work-first maybe-working code
follows:
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
return 0 unless $trans->Type == 'Create';
return 0 unless $ticket->Type != 'reminder';
return 1;