[rt-users] change updates from unprivileged user to a different transaction type?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Feb 12 15:11:55 EST 2009

Jesse, how would you feel about having an action which indicates an
update not by a privileged user?

Ie, "Correspond" and Comments would be from privileged.
"Update" or "Response" (or any other name you like) would be an update
from an unprivileged user.

This kind of change would make it easy to build Scrip actions around
handling responses better.  Would you be interested in this?

On Feb 12, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> On Mi, 2009-02-11 at 14:17 -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
>> Okay, this is so obvious of a requirement in a ticket system that
>> I've
>> been spinning in circles assuming I'm overlooking something.
>> However,
>> I haven't found it, so could someone please clue me in how to do
>> this?
> I have exactly the same problem (which don't help you). I also
> tried the stalled method, but in "production" it's not a good
> solution. I thought about a search like "give me all tickets where
> last
> transaction is not from owner or system" but I failed to put this in
> TicketSql, maybe somebody on the listy has an idea.
>
> or maybe configure a customfield (lastUpdateBy: owner,other), and then
> write a scrip which alter the customfield on every correspond,
> depending
> if the sender is equal the owner or not.
> Afterward you can define a simple search where lastUpdatedBy="other"
> I think I will try this the next days
>
> reagrds!
>
> sven

Jo Rhett