[rt-users] RT Login Page with SSL

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Mon Jan 26 13:46:53 EST 2009

Let's be clear about this.  Back in 1995 when we were using sun4m and
P90s with 16mb of RAM, SSL was a problem.  More than 100 SSL users and
the machine would suffer a bit.

Do you have 10-year old machines?   Do you have more than 100
concurrent users?  (at the same time?)

If both of these aren't true, you won't have any problems with SSL
trust me ;-)  My personal colo box is a bit outdated -- it's 1.67g
with 1gig of RAM, and it is currently handling 200-250 concurrent SSL
sessions without breaking 2% CPU.

On Jan 23, 2009, at 7:05 AM, Eliezer E Chávez wrote:
> CPU Time, with ssl i'm going to expend so much machine resources...
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM, <jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com> wrote:
> The easiest thing for you to do is have the entire site in SSL.  Is
> there a
> particular reason you only want the login credentials passed using
> secure
> sockets layer?
>

> James Moseley
>

> --