[rt-users] rt 3.8.2 / mail loop by out-of-office reply

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:45:55 EDT 2009

Shot the user with a shotgun :)

I think "out of office" reply creates a new ticket each time cuz
subject has no ticket number. May be it's possible lower number of
loops with some set of conditions on "Autoreply to requestors on
create" scrip, for exampl:

* matches I'm out of the office
* "small" text
* has reference to a mail, but subject is different
* ....

It's not a silver bullet, but may help in many cases.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Bernhard
Hansbauer<bernhard.hansbauer at greentube.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> it's not for the first time we encounter a mail loop caused by an erroneous
> configuration of a user, and we receive hundreds of auto replies.
> rt does not recognize them as mail loop, thus we can only break it by
> blocking the sender's mail address.
>
> is there any other way to interrupt such loops?
>
> any hint would be greatly appreciated,
>
> regards
>
> Bernhard

Best regards, Ruslan.