[rt-users] Binary files broken since upgrade to RT 3.8

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Jun 2 19:33:55 EDT 2009

> I'm not too clear what you mean.  In creating the test system, I did
> backup & restore the db.  But I built a 3.6.6 system and then tested the
> upgrade from that database.  So I stopped Apache and Postfix, removed
> the old /opt/rt3 folder, make install to get the new 3.8 files, and then
> followed the upgrade instructions including the rt-setup-database and
> upgrade-mysql-schema.pl scripts.
[snip]

Check the list archives.  Odds are, you ran upgrade-mysql-schema.pl but did
not run the SQL script that it generates to actually upgrade the schema.

update-mysql-schema.pl does NOT upgrade the mysql schema.  It generates a
script to do so.  I asked Jesse about changing the name of the script but he
didn't seem to think it was a good idea, and yet people keep thumping into this.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/