[rt-users] Binary files broken since upgrade to RT 3.8

Aaron Guise aaron at guise.net.nz
Tue Jun 2 19:47:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I too had a similar problem. I inherited our RT System from an earlier
administrator whom didn't complete some step correctly earlier in the life
of the system.  We were going from 3.6.5 to 3.8.0 and all worked fine.
Since then to enable some plugins I attempted to update to 3.8.2.

I did use --default-character-set=binary on mysqldump and completed all of
the upgrade steps as per UPGRADING.mysql but upon browsing the newly updated
RT System to my surprise all the binary attachments had been corrupted as
you are mentioning.

To get around this I created a couple of perl scripts.
1.  Pulls all attachments out of the functioning database (Pre-Upgrade) and
dumps them to the filesystem
2.  Inserts all attachments back into the newly updated schema.

This approach worked for me, I was then able to use 3.8.2 without any
trouble at all.

*Regards,*

*Aaron Guise
027 212 6638