[rt-users] Notify requestors on priority change

vxtrq rob.wib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:25:31 EDT 2009

Friends,

I am an everyday user of RT, and while it takes some time to get used to
I've started to appreciate it's functionality, specially since learning
about scrips. I am, however, stuck at the moment.

What I have is a queue, where I want the requestor to know (by e-mail)
whenever the priority of one of his/hers tickets change. To achieve this, I
set up the following scrip in the queue:

Condition: On priority change
Action: Notify requestors
Template: myTemplate
Stage: TransactionCreate

However, no mail is dispatched when I change priority on a ticket (note that
I change priority, not Final Priority). I know that this is not a problem
with mailing or the template, since the above scrip works perfectly well if
I choose "Notify CCs" instead of "Notify Requestors", which I find really
strange.

Another thing I'd like to achieve with this is within the template I use
with the above scrip. It looks like this as of now:

"Ticket "{return $Ticket->Subject}" had its priority changed to {return
$Ticket->Priority;}."

Which works fine, but it would be nice to also specify the PREVIOUS
priority, ie "[...]changed from priority 1 to 2". I am not very familiar
with Perl or RT's variables, but would this be achievable?

I would be very thankful with any insight.

Regards
Robert W