[rt-users] Assign ticket to someone who's queue is not visibleto me - or - what's an ACL?

Thomas Fluch FluchT at wyeth.com
Wed May 20 14:04:05 EDT 2009

Hey Kenn,

thank you for your fast response.

This works great! I just had to grant "Privileged" to "Own Ticket" in a global context.

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Tommy!

>>> Ken Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> 2009-05-20 19:03 >>>

Thomas,

    Try putting Mr. Blub into a group that has the correct privileges for the Queues you want him to own tickets for. That way, he's just another guy who can own tickets in that queue along with others, but his own queue still remains invisable to those who do not need to see it. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On 5/20/2009 9:28 AM, Thomas Fluch wrote: Hey!

I want to assign tickets to a supporter who is watcher of a queue I cannot see. I figured out, that I can only assign tickets to those who are in the scope of my visible queues. So, if i can see the queues "general" and "development", i cant assign a ticket to Mr. Blub, who is watcher of the queue "media" only. The drop down menu of "owner" just offers all names of queues I can see.

I dont want everyone to see each queue to prevent an information overflow. How can i solve that problem? Does this have something to do with the ACL? If not, whats an ACL (Access Control List) and how can i use it efficiently? The wiki does not offer much information about the ACL.

Thanks 2 everyone
Best regards,
Tommy!
_______________________________________________http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-usersCommunity help: http://wiki.bestpractical.comCommercial support: sales at bestpractical.comDiscover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media. Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com