[rt-users] Per-queue web branding

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 07:00:48 EST 2009

Hi Aled,
i think setting up a vhost for a single queue is not the best way. with rt
and special with all the possible options to enhance RT you can do almost
all you need. you can create a special page as example for each customer and
to show them only a single queue, you can handle this easy with RT Rights
system.

I think a good starting point for this is the RT Wiki.

Torsten

2009/11/5 Aled Treharne <aled.treharne at gmail.com>

> 2009/11/4 Aled Treharne <aled.treharne at gmail.com>:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere, apologies if my google-fu
> > is failing me, but is it possible to set up the web interface to brand
> > queues differently?
> >
> > I have a scenario where I want to run a version of RT, but since I'm
> > contracting for a number of clients, it would be useful to offer each
> > group of customers the appropriate client brand. I suppose it's almost
> > a hosted solution.
> >
> > This is only for the customer view - the "internal" view onto the
> > system doesn't need to be branded. Although I could set up several
> > instances of RT, I'd like to be able to have one "view" onto all the
> > tickets for the engineers.
>
> So having thought about this a bit more, is it possible to set it up
> so that users accessing the RT web interface via a specific apache
> vhost only see a single queue?
>
> I'm trying to get a customer view of many different support systems,
> but only having one system in the back end.
>
> Cheers,
> Aled.

MFG

Torsten Brumm