[rt-users] Upgraded to rt-3.8.5 and kill stopped working

Sean Sullivan sean.sullivan at harmonixmusic.com
Thu Nov 5 14:43:40 EST 2009

Thanks for the response! I didn't realize this was a plugin. I inherited this install and as you know it was a fair bit dated so I was asked to upgrade it.

As far as my version of HTML::Mason, there appear to be 2 versions, 1.36 and 1.42. If I do:

-------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use HTML::Mason;
print "$HTML::Mason::VERSION\n";
-------------

I get 1.42, so I guess that is what is being used by RT?

Course, if I look at that file it contains only:

------------------
package HTML::Mason;
# Copyright (c) 1998-2005 by Jonathan Swartz. All rights reserved.
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the same terms as Perl itself.

use 5.006;

$HTML::Mason::VERSION = '1.42';

use HTML::Mason::Interp;

sub version
{
    return $HTML::Mason::VERSION;
}

1;

__END__

Followed by a bunch of perldoc text.

This made me think, where is HTML::Mason::Commands? Well it's not on this machine, nor is it installable:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install HTML::Mason::Commands' Warning: Cannot install HTML::Mason::Commands, don't know what it is.

The CPAN page says this about HTML::Mason::Commands:
This was the documentation for the mc_ command set. In Mason 0.8 and beyond, mc_ commands have been replaced by the new HTML::Mason::Request

So now I'm really confused...

-Sean