[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

Easyrider Inquiry Inquiry at Easyrider.com
Sun Oct 11 19:13:23 EDT 2009

I could REALLY use some help here.  Please?  Seriously.  I could really
use some help getting httpd.conf set correctly.

I've been fighting a losing battle with this for well over a week.  I've
tried a gazillion combinations based on various threads that I've read
and various comments I have received.  What I REALLY need is for some
kindly soul who REALLY understands this stuff to just tell me what lines
I need to change/add/delete.

The short of it is that RT is just not usable if I can't get it to quit
capturing the root URL.

I think I have this is VERY close to working correctly.  Just a matter
of finding the right httpd.conf combination and finding someone who is
willing to share their expertise.

I need to run RT out of http://backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk not
http://backup.easyrider.com (it's stomping everything else that runs out
of /var/www/html!)

The following works perfectly except that it runs out of the root (where
I don't want it). Shows correct WebLogo. Requires RT_siteconfig.pm:
$WebPath = ''";

What I want is to access RT via http//backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk

I'm assuming that somewhere on the Planet, someone has RT working like
this.  I just don't have the luxury of dedicating an entire server to
doing nothing but RT.  Additionally, people around me are becoming
impatient.  RT (as set up below) responds no matter what URL is entered
including user public_html web pages.

I'm guessing example 2 has just one missing or incorrect entry

# ----- START example 1 works great but RT runs from root URL --------

<NameVirtualHost *:80
   <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName backup.easyrider.com
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
 </VirtualHost>
 # ------ END 1 -------

 The following immediately sends the browser to /var/www/html/index.html
as soon as you hit the login button:

WebLogo does not display on the login screen and the alt text displays
best practical which is no longer in RT_siteconfig.pm
Requires $WebPath = '/helpdesk';
I mention the logo problem only as a symptom that makes me suspicious
that there are problems loading RT_siteconfig.pm

 # ----- START example 2 works from /helpdesk (sort of) --------
 # ----- but immediately sends you to the root when you click login ---
 # ----- logo in RT_Siteconfig.pm does not display ------

 <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html">
   Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

 <VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName backup.easyrider.com
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html

   ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

   <Location /helpdesk>
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     SetHandler fastcgi-script
   </Location>

 <Location /helpdesk/NoAuth/images>
    SetHandler default
 </Location>
 </VirtualHost>

 # ------ END 2 ------

Various mod attempts to /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

# ----- START -----------------------

# Next uncommented to run RT in root

Set($WebPath , "");

# Try this for helpdesk (doesn't work)
#Set($WebPath , '/opt/rt3/share/html/');

# ditto
# Next uncommented to run RT out of helpdesk
#Set($WebPath , "/helpdesk");

Set($WebPort , 80);# + ($< * 7274) % 32766 + ($< && 1024));

Set($WebBaseURL , "http://backup.easyrider.com:$WebPort");
#Set($WebBaseURL , "http://localhost:$WebPort");

Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");

Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");

# Displays my logo (which was renamed bplogo.gif
# Displays best practical URL, not the one below
Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "bplogo.gif");
Set($LogoLinkURL, 'http://security.nocdesigns.com');
Set($LogoAltText, "Easyrider LAN Pro");

# WebNoAuthRegex - What portion of RT's URLspace should not require
# authentication.
Set($WebNoAuthRegex, qr!^(?:/+NoAuth/|
                            /+REST/\d+\.\d+/NoAuth/)!x );