[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Sun Oct 11 20:03:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Easyrider Inquiry <Inquiry at easyrider.com>wrote:

> What I want is to access RT via http//backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk
>
> <NameVirtualHost *:80
>   <VirtualHost *:80>
>    ServerName backup.easyrider.com
>    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
>    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
>    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>  </VirtualHost>

Think about it.  How does the above configuration tell Apache how to handle
a /helpdesk request?

You need to change the Alias and ScriptAlias lines to:

Alias /helpdesk/NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

The RT_SiteConfig.pm should have the following:

Set($WebPath , "/helpdesk");
Set($WebBaseURL ,
"http://backup.easyrider.com<http://backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk>
");
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");

I'd get rid of all the other Set($Web syntax....

The above should allow you to properly run RT at:

http://backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk

Depending on your exact Apache config (and mod_perl vs. mod_fastcgi), you
may need to put a trailing / at the end of the URL in order for things to
properly work:

http://backup.easyrider.com/helpdesk/

--
James Moseley