[rt-users] httpd.conf configuration problem

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Sun Oct 11 22:05:24 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Easyrider Inquiry <Inquiry at easyrider.com>wrote:

>  Hello James.  Thanks VERY much for responding.
>
> Unfortunately, no luck :(
>
> Rather than experiment with a million more combinations before replying,
> I'll just post the current configuration (which I believe are teh settings
> you advised) and say that I am now getting an internal server error: The
> server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
> complete your request.
>
> /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm:
>
> # ---- Latest advice START ---------
>
> Set($WebPath , "/helpdesk");
> Set($WebBaseURL , "http://backup.easyrider.com"<http://backup.easyrider.com>
> );
> Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");
>
> Set($WebPort , 80);# + ($< * 7274) % 32766 + ($< && 1024));
> Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");
> Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "bplogo.gif");
> Set($LogoLinkURL, 'http://security.nocdesigns.com');
> Set($LogoAltText, "Easyrider LAN Pro");
> Set($WebNoAuthRegex, qr!^(?:/+NoAuth/|
>                             /+REST/\d+\.\d+/NoAuth/)!x );

In my previous post, I said get rid rid of the other Set($Web* syntax.  They
are only confusing troubleshooting the issue and probably aren't needed.  If
you do need specific web port and web regex overrides due to your specific
configuration, add them back in later once you've gotten the basic install
working.

> # ---- Latest advice END -----------
>
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>
> # Latest RT config experiment give internal server error
>
> # ----- Latest advice START ---------
>
>       <VirtualHost *:80>
>        ServerName backup.easyrider.com
>        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>        AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
>        Alias /helpdesk/NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
>        ScriptAlias /helpdesk /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>      </VirtualHost>

And what did the Apache error log state?  More than likely, the problematic
syntax in RT_SiteConfig.pm caused the error.  You also claim everything was
working with just the server name.  What I don't see in the above Apache
config is where you load the FastCgi module, amongst other things.  What
module are you using, mod_fastcgi?

Lastly, mail sent directly to you bounced because your server rejected it.
You must have received my reply via the cc to the general list.  Please look
at the mail server logs to see why it is/was rejecting mail.

--
James Moseley