[rt-users] UseSQLForACLChecks causes slow performance

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Sat Oct 31 07:21:08 EDT 2009

I've just upgraded to 3.8.4 and as part of that I've enabled
UseSQLForACLChecks

RT_SiteConfig.pm:Set($UseSQLForACLChecks, 1);

However this really slows down load of the homepage. For example with
my default layout load time goes from <1s to 6-7s. The Quick Search
panel alone takes ~3s (for about 20 queues and 40k tickets) for a user
that can see all 20 queues (for myself with SuperUser rights it's much
faster).

I really would like to keep that setting as it fixes a number of
display bugs with homepage panels and ticket results.

Anyone have any suggestions? I notice that 3.8.6 is now out. Were
there improvements in that that would help with this setting?

Cheers,

Justin

Justin Hayes
Orbis Support Manager