[rt-users] 3.2.1 -> 3.8.8 any major data schema changes?

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Tue Aug 10 09:41:52 EDT 2010

Is there anywhere on the wiki that documents which releases can be upgraded
to from each?

I guess basically what I"m looking for is the shortest line from 3.2.1 --->
3.8.8

Is there a general rule of thumb? like every 3.x I should look at the
UPGRADING? or would I have to dig into the point point releases?

Thanks for the insight.  I attempted to search the wiki, but I had a hard
time even trying to figure out what that is called....

Mike.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:09:21AM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> >    I'm sitting here with a clean 3.8.8 RT install, and I have our current
> 3.2.1 that is in use...
> >    I want to be kind to my users, and migrate data... but I don't want to
> spend too much
> >    time/resources doing so...
> >    Would a backup of the rt database in 3.2.1 and a restore onto 3.8.8
> work?
>
> You want to have a look at the UPGRADING files.
> The database structure is not compatible and you will need to run the
> various scripts described in UPGRADING.
>
> -kevin

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst