[rt-users] Hiding ticket metadata for certain groups

Miha Valencic miha.valencic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:54:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 09:11:57AM +0200, Miha Valencic wrote:
> >    Hi!
> >
> >    I'm fairly new to RT administration, although I've been using it in
> the past a lot. We're
> >    setting up a new version (3.8.8) and are wondering if there is way to
> hide some of the ticket
> >    metadata for certain users (basically privileged users without group
> membership).
>
> It sounds a lot like you actually want those users to be Unprivileged
> and use the SelfService interface

At first, I configured ExternalAuth to create unprivileged users, but I was
unable to add them to groups. Because I have _one_ ldap for authenticating
all of the users. And I wanted some users (staff) to have more rights than
the rest.

I believe that SelfService would be enough for those users. I'll remove the
users from RT and reconfigure ExternalAuth again to see exactly what is
going on... and I'll report back.

Thanks,
 Miha.