[rt-users] Auto Login Link in autoreply with password

Joachim Thuau Joachim.Thuau at heavy-iron.com
Mon Aug 30 12:44:34 EDT 2010

Are you suggesting that asking the user to login once (the very first time) is a problem?
As long as the user has logged into the system with a valid password once, you can send him/her a link without using credentials in the URL and it will get them directly there (unless they close all their browser windows).

The other options is to use external authentication (so the httpd does the authentication), and integrate that with your infrastructure (Kerberos, single sign-on, etc), and setup RT to honor that (ie: use the user from the web server).

I believe that either of those would be sufficient. Dealing with passwords like that always makes me nervous...

Jok