[rt-users] creat MAILTO link in search format

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 23 10:15:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 01:54:43PM +0330, Payam Poursaied wrote:
>    Hi
>
>    I would like to create a more convenient way to reply and comment on tickets. At the first
>    step I'm planning to create a link in my ticket searches which open outlook with appropriate
>    subject tag to the appropriate email address (i.e. commentAddress of CorrespondAddress of the
>    ticket's queue).
>
>    According what I found in this list, I added the followings to ticket column map
>    (rt3/share/html/Elements/RT__Ticket/ComumnMap):
>
>        QueueCorrespond => {
>
>            attribute => 'QueueCorrespond',
>
>            title     => 'QueueCorrespond id', # loc
>
>            value     => sub { return $_[0]->QueueObj->CorrespondAddress() }
>
>        },
>
>        QueueSubjectTag => {
>
>            attribute => 'QueueSubjectTag',
>
>            title     => 'QueueSubjectTag id', # loc
>
>            value     => sub { return $_[0]->QueueObj->SubjectTag() }
>
>        },
>

>    So I can have access subject tag and correspond address of each ticket.
>
>    the second part is create a hyper link in the search result which link to something like
>
>    mailto:__QueueCorrespond__?Subject=[__QueueSubjectTag__ #__id__]

You probably need to do one of two things
Change Elements/ScrubHTML to allow mailto links (although this may
hurt you since other html chunks in RT will start allowing mailto)
You can also return a scalar reference from ColumnMap so if you define
a QueueMailto and return from that you may be able to do what you want
(look at ExtendedStatus for an example)

-kevin