[rt-users] Emails not going out, skipping

Bill Danforth billd at mjhallandcompany.com
Tue May 25 19:17:18 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a small issue with RT and the sending of emails.  First my
system:

Current setup:

OS:   FreeBSD 8.0

DB:   MySQL 5.0.86

PHP:  5.2.11

Perl: 5.8.9

RT:   3.8.4

I have configured sending of email only using ssmtp in place of
sendmail.  Sending of emails from

other apps and manually (via the "mail -v" command) works A-OK.  Sending
from RT works

just so-so.  The current issue that I am trying to figure out is that RT
will not send me or my

boss (the IT Manager) emails. As of now, it seems to send everything
else I expect it to be

sending, just not to my boss or myself.  The message that appears in the
log is:

   <my-email-address> appears to point to this RT instance. Skipping
(/usr/

   local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:824)

   <my-bosses-email-addr> appears to point to this RT instance. Skipping
(/usr/

   local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:824)

I know this should be very simple to resolve, but for the life of me, I
can't find it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look to fix?

Many thanks in advance,

Bill Danforth

 Bill Danforth
  IT Systems Administrator
  billd at mjhallandcompany.com

  Stockton, CA 95202
    Phone
   Fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attached document(s) are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom or to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, trade secret and exempt from disclosure. If the reader(s) of this message is not the intended recipient(s) or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message and any attachment(s).