[rt-users] Attachments to email

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Tue Oct 12 06:39:12 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I'm faced with a problem that I haven't seen sofar. An application of
ours sends an email from an Oracle database to our RT (3.8.2) install
containing attachments. The filename in the Content-Disposition:
attachment; field contains a name which is not compliant with the
filesystem of the OS (Centos5).
See the below example:

-------7D81B75CCC90D2974F7A1CBD

RT accepts the email and creates a ticket including the attachment but
you can't get it out of the database anymore because the '/' isn't
escaped or translated into something not harmful, same holds true for
the spaces in the filename.
I googled for rfc and Content-Disposition: attachment; filename= which
came up with RFC-2183 which mentions that the recieving end is
responsible for sanitizing the filename part.

Did I found a bug or I'm  misinformed about  how the

Regards,

Joop

PS:
Compleet message is available if needed for testing.