[rt-users] Multiple LDAP servers with EmailCompletion

Andrew Marosi amarosi at lamparts.com
Tue Oct 19 11:52:06 EDT 2010

I've been searching around but unable to locate the correct parameters for having more than one LDAP server to have EmailCompletion check against.  Here's the snippet from my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($EmailCompletionLdapServer, "dc01.corp.XYZ.com");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapBase, "dc=corp,dc=XYZ,dc=com");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapUser, "rtldap");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapPass, "password");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapMinLength, 1);
Set($EmailCompletionLdapFilter, "(objectclass=user)");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapServer, "dc02.XYZ2.com");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapBase, "dc=XYZ2,dc=com");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapUser, "otherrtldap");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapPass, "password");
Set($EmailCompletionLdapMinLength, 1);
Set($EmailCompletionLdapFilter, "(objectclass=user)");

I have a feeling it doesn't know which set of criteria to match against -and that's why we end up getting sporadic results.

We are using RT-Authen-ExternalAuth against the same two LDAP servers, and that's working great for email->ticket creation/requestor creation as well as authentication.

Thanks for any help!
 -Andy