[rt-users] Getting the page source code from a generated MASON-File

Wolfram Huettermann wolfram.huettermann at desy.de
Mon Apr 18 08:58:05 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have got a MASON code from Ticket/foo.html with a mandatory URL
parameter id, which is set to 11.  You can see the page source code in
your browser with View->Page Source.  Nevertheless, I want to copy the
generated code to  /var/tmp/bar11.html; /var/tmp/ is a directory with
sufficient conditions. If you use $m->comp like I will display in the
code, it does not work.
The code is:

    use IO::File;
    my $File = new IO::File">/var/tmp/bar$id.html";
    Abort("Could not open file!") unless $File;
   $PageSource = $m->comp("/Ticket/foo.html",  id => $id);
    print $File $PageSource;
   $File->close();

The file  bar11.id  for $id=11 will be created, as everybody can write
into /var/tmp/, but it is empty. What can I do else, to put the page
source code of a MASON-file into a temporary file? Or is it just
impossible?  In CGI it would simply be:

system("foo.pl 'id=$id' > /var/tmp/bar$id.html);

Then you would see the page source code of foo.pl?id=11 in
/var/tmp/bar11.pl.

Greetings,

Wolfram