[rt-users] RT Intergration with Vendor ticketing?

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Mon Feb 21 18:31:33 EST 2011

On 02/21/2011 04:59 PM, Mark Farver wrote:
> Anyone have a good solution for managing vendor tickets alongside my
> internal tickets?  This is very custom, I know, but I'm wondering if
> anyone has experiences to share.

I did the following to address this exact issue:

In my Correspondence template, I added:

<code>
RT-Attach-Message: yes
</code>

Then used my email gateway to forward all mail so addressed to a
specific user whose procmailrc file looks like this:

<code>
#
# This procmail script is used to redirect emails addressed to
# ticketNNNN at mydomain.com into RT.  It does so by extracting the
# NNNN portion of the email address and changing that into an
# appropriate subject.
#
# This script must live in $HOME/.procmailrc
#
VERBOSE=yes
LOGFILE=/tmp/ticket2rc.log
LOGFILE=
LOGABSTRACT=yes
SEDSCRIPT='s/^.*ticket\([0-9]*\)\@mydomain.com.*/\1/i'
TICKETID=`formail -xResent-To: -xTo: -xCc: -xBcc: | grep ticket[0-9]* |
 sed  -e $SEDSCRIPT | head -n1`
SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject: | sed -e 's/\[mydomain.com #[0-9]*\]//g'`

:0
{
        :0
        | formail -i "To: it-support at mydomain.com" -i "Subject:
[mydomain.com #${TICKETID}] $SUBJECT" \
                |/bin/sed -f /etc/smrsh/rtstrip.sed \
                |/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue IT_support  --action
correspond --url http://rt/rt/
}

</code>

With this configuration I create my ticket in RT, citing their email
address as a CC recipient.  Their replies are then directed back to the
ticket.  I've been doing this for about three years with great success.

Barry