[rt-users] RT 4.0.0, bulk update and autocomplete customfields

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu May 12 10:48:44 EDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 10:17 AM, Robert Wysocki wrote:
>> I doubt it's a jQuery bug unless the autocompleter doesn't work
>> elsewhere.  It is more likely that your patch needs updating for 4.0
>
> Kevin, take a look at my patch -- it's really simple and it uses
> standard RT element -- EditCustomFieldAutocomplete. That's my only
> modification, nothing else.
> Both the javascript and the EditCustomFieldAutocomplete work in the
> other templates.

Your patch passes an invalid CF key to the EditCustomFieldAutocomplete
component.  The autocomplete endpoint returns nothing (causing the JS
error) when given an invalid CF key.  Your patch needs fixing for 4.0.0.

I'm not entirely sure how it worked on 3.8, which expects the same kind
of CF key, but I'll take your word for it.  It's possible you made a
corresponding modification to make it work in 3.8 but didn't port that
over as well.

> BTW: Why autocomplete customfileds aren't supported in bulk update
> out-of-the box?

Bulk update was overlooked, and that should be fixed.  Filing a bug to
include all CF types on bulk update would be useful.
rt-bugs at bestpractical.com

Cheers,
Thomas