[rt-users] Link to existing attachment

Hoogstraten, Ton Ton.Hoogstraten at IngramMicro.nl
Fri May 20 05:17:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to try and prevent creating duplicate attachments in a workflow. Is it possible to link an existing attachment in the database to a different transaction from a new or other ticket without adding the same attachement again? For viewing it looks like a user requires showticket or showcomments permission for the ticket that has the attachment. My goal is having a Ticket that requires an action from a different team. A new (sub)ticket is created for that team. However the first ticket will hold a document that the second ticket should be able to read without having full access to the main ticket. Storing the attachment a second time would waiste diskspace. Not for a single attachment but for the workflow in the coming years.

Any thoughts on how I can try to get this working without duplicating the attachment disk storage? A reference to the existing attachment in the new ticket could also work. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Ton Hoogstraten
IS Analyst