[rt-users] Workflow HOWTO

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu May 26 17:17:22 EDT 2011

I'm struggling with implementing approvals.  Here's how we work:

An engineer designs a project. Once s/he's done, s/he has a supervisor
approve the design and cost estimate.  This approval may need several
levels depending on the overall cost estimate (we're a public utility and
the approvals are governed by state statutes).

While the ticket is in review, I want people to be able to make comments
and other minor changes, but must not be allowed to change the queue or
status.

Once the ticket is approved, it then gets moved to the construction queue.
 Changing the queue can be automated based on the approval.

Per the docs, the "correct" way is to create a new ticket in the new
queue, but that won't really work for us without additional complications;
the drawings, specifications, and estimate are part of the engineering
ticket and the construction crews sometimes need to see the design
decisions that went into the design, so they need to have full access to
the engineering ticket.

How do I implement this?

--
My daughter is racing a triathlon to raise money for her swim club.  Want
to help?

http://akari.seiner.com