[rt-users] Can you set default values on page load, so you can see them in a new ticket?

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:11:45 EST 2011

Hello,

I understand how to set up default values for a field using a custom scrip.
However, it seems a bit odd to me to load a ticket with no value, and then
set it only if the person opening a ticket doesn't select a value. I'd like
to set the value in the UI for a new ticket, so that it is clear to the
person opening a ticket that the value has already been set.

Does anyone know of a way to set the default values so that they are
visible when the page actually loads for a new ticket? I understand that it
may not be possible with a scrip, but I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Jim