[rt-users] make upgrade-database fails

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 18 11:06:41 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:31:17PM -0800, Jared Griffith wrote:
>    Apparently this isn't a bug, was wondering if any of you have run into the following scenario:
>
>    I am trying to upgrade from version 3.6.11 to the most recent. When running make
>    upgrade-database, it errors out with the following:
>
>    DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=
>    localhost','rt_user',...) failed: Access denied for user 'rt_user'@'localhost' (using
>    password: YES) at /usr/local/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 103
>    Connect Failed Access denied for user 'rt_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>    at /home/jared/rt-4.0.4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 165
>    make: *** [upgrade-database] Error 255
>
>    I have verified that I can access the mysql server with the user and password that I am using,
>    so I am at a loss as to what to do here.

Unfortunately, you've cut out all the interesting things, such as what
upgrade-database says at the beginning about how the connection is
going to happen.  Also, you've not shown how you connect successfully.

Without that information, anything would be a guess.  My guess is that
you've granted your rights to rt_user on a different host.

-kevin