[rt-users] Outlook and Dashboard subscriptions

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sat Oct 1 16:51:44 EDT 2011

> I am using 2007, and some people here have 2010.  I read about the
> option that pops up for 2010, but that does not really help the
> people using 2007.  I only saw the one post for this issue back in
> March and they did not seem to have come up with a solution.

Basically, Outlook 2007 uses the Microsoft Word HTML rendering engine, not
the Internet Explorer rendering engine.  There are entire websites devoted
to this topic, I won't go into detail here except to point out that:

Global CSS doesn't work.  You must use embedded CSS tags, and even then,
CSS is very poorly supported.

The bottom line here is: good luck.

For further reading:

-Adam Thompson