[rt-users] creation initial data with rt-setup-database (4.0.2)

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 21 16:01:24 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Srikumar Nair <srikumarp at fb.com> wrote:
> I am using the following entry in the initial data file to create a custom
> field:
> @CustomFields = (
>     {
>         Name        => 'Search_Criteria',
>         Type        => 'FreeformSingle',
>         Disabled    => 0,
>         Description => 'Search Criteria',
>     }
> )
> * When looking at this custom field in the RT UI in the advance tab I get
> the message "Something wrong. Contact system administrator".
 What I am I
> doing wrong here?

When you see such message, you have more descriptive message in the logs.

> * Also, what option do I specify to make this a global one which is
> applicable to all the tickets?

If you add "Queue => 0," then probably you'll kill both rabbits.

Please file a bug report saying that above structure in initialdata
file result in an invalid custom field. Create method in
RT::CustomField should do better job at validating its input.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.