[rt-users] Question on setup

Greenberg, Joshua L Joshua.Greenberg at constellation.com
Thu Oct 27 11:21:19 EDT 2011

Any suggestions on this? Thanks.

Josh

Of course. No problem. Answers below.

From: pleh.info at gmail.com<mailto:pleh.info at gmail.com> [mailto:pleh.info at gmail.com]<mailto:[mailto:pleh.info at gmail.com]> On Behalf Of Bart
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:42 AM
To: Greenberg, Joshua L
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com<mailto:rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Question on setup

Hi,

Few questions on your setup:

 *   On what OS have you installed RT?
RHEL 5

 *   Which installation steps did you take? (e.g. did you do the testdeps/fixdeps thingy?)
Yes, did that. I had some issues with that, though. Testdeps said everything was fine but I still couldn't get the web page to display. After researching some, I ran the command `perl RT_HOME/sbin/rt-test-dependencies -with-mysql -with-modperl2`. This returned a lot of errors with missing perl modules. The strange thing was that it was looking in /usr/lib at the yum installed perl for the libraries but I used a /usr/local/{bin,lib} version that I'd installed myself. After some consideration, I think this is because it was looking for missing modules for the apache/mod_perl/mysql installs and they probably point to /usr/bin/perl. I installed the missing modules by hand and was able to get a login screen.

 *   Are you using Apache to serve RT?
Yes

 *   Can I assuming you've used the RT documentation for the apache vhost configuration?
Yes but I added the line 'Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html'

 *   What do the logs say? (assuming it's some flavor of Unix /var/log/)
I'm not seeing anything in the logs about this.

 *   Have you checked the permissions on the RT folders? (along with user/group ownerships)
Yes but not sure what they should be. They are mostly set to root but I recursively changed ownership on the share directory to apache.
Something like that at least, we need a little more info in order to help :-)

Thanks for the response!

-- Bart
2011/10/24 Greenberg, Joshua L <Joshua.Greenberg at constellation.com<mailto:Joshua.Greenberg at constellation.com>>
I'm installing RT 3.8.10. I have to use this version because I'm installing RTIR and that doesn't support RT 4 yet. I think everything is set up correctly but when I login for the first time (user name 'root', password 'password') it displays the text of the file RT_HOME/NoAuth/Login.html. Let me know what information you need from me to help troubleshoot this. I've made very few changes to the RT_SiteConfig file, only the $rtname, $Organization, $DatabasePassword and $OwnerEmail variables. Thanks.

Josh

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
*  Washington DC, USA - October 31 & November 1, 2011
*  Barcelona, Spain - November 28 & 29, 2011