[rt-users] Issue with Apache Config, first attempt at RT upgrade from 3.8.9 to 4.0.1

Vance Walsh vance_walsh at concordacademy.org
Thu Oct 27 12:45:35 EDT 2011

Alrighty,

I have read the Upgrade docs, readme and web_deployment docs a great deal but
I am not quite sorting this out

I have run the upgrades without issue up to the point of configureing the
webserver. I am doing this upgrade ina  test environment so the IP of the
webserver changed but I changed that as well in the http.conf file.

Here is the OLD rt3 conf file we used to use which obviously needs change /
replacement with 4.0 due to webmux and mason etc. The key here is we use the
/ticket directory for RT. I am fine with it being at the root if it's easier.
I have installed RT into /opt/rt4 and I have not run the webserver included
with RT to there should be no mason corruption.

Alias /ticket "/opt/rt3/share/html"

PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks

  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>

I have tried using the default mod_fastcgi and after placing it in I have
neen unsuccessful getting RT4 to come up.

    FastCgiServer /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi -processes 5 -idle-timeout 300

    <VirtualHost <{paddress of my machine}>
        ### Optional apache logs for RT
        # Ensure that your log rotation scripts know about these files
        # ErrorLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.error
        # TransferLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.access
        # LogLevel debug

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

        Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt4/share/html/NoAuth/images/
        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

        DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
        <Location />
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all

            Options +ExecCGI
            AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
        </Location>
    </VirtualHost>

I would like to do this via IP for the test as I would rather not put ina
DNS record. Could I trouble folks who perhaps have some insight to offer up a
suggestion?

Thanks in advance

---

Vance Walsh