[rt-users] RSS Feed - listing newest instead of oldest?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 31 18:20:38 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 06:43:21PM +0000, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> Kevin Falcone <falcone <at> bestpractical.com> writes:
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:21:42AM -0700, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> > >    When using the RSS feed option to view a queue, is it possible to
> configure the results such
> > >    that the entry listed under each ticket is the most recent entry rather
> than the first entry
> > >    in the ticket?
> >
> > You'll need to make a local overlay of Search/Elements/ResultsRSSView
> > and change the line that returns the content of the create
> > transaction.
> >
>   Is there any documentation explaining how to do this?  I took a few
> stabs/guesses at it, but all I did was prevent RT/apache from restarting.

The customizing RT wiki page is probably your best bet:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Customizing
Your example earlier of switching from First to Last is unlikely to be
right, since your Last transaction could be an owner change or a
Priority change, not necessarily a comment/correspondence.

> I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this as the default behavior,
> since it seems to me it would make more sense to look at what is "new" rather
> than what was originally posted in a message.

I think there may be a ticket open about it, but it's not been a high
priority.  If a patch came in, it's certainly something we'd look at.
It's also something that would be really easy to change as an
extension which we could use to see what people want out of that feed.

I'd also be interested in patches to make the calendar feeds more
flexible.

-kevin