[rt-users] RT 4.0.5 bug in Excel export

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 11:35:25 EDT 2012

On 11 Apr 2012, at 15:50, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> Please don't CC developers directly, lots of us work on the
> extensions.  It would be great if Tim filed his patch in the appropriate
> rt.cpan.org queue.

I wasn't brave enough to do that.  It's not an extension I use - I wrote that patched version direct in my email with code pasted from the CPAN code browser, so it really hasn't be tested at all.   The ColumnMap examples in the Wiki have the same "bug".  Given that all ColumnMap callbacks that worked in RT 3.8 will be affected by this, it could be considered a regression in 4.0 I suppose; the fundamental cause is that the callback happens in share/html/Elements/ColumnMap, which is called by share/html/Search/Results.tsv.  Unfortunately, that callback happens *after* Results.tsv has cbballed the ScrubHTML code.

There might be more satisfactory and general solutions that could be implemented in the Results.tsv mason page.  Rather simplistically, it could just run ScrubHTML across everything that comes out of the ColumnMap.

Tim