[rt-users] custom actions for inserting multiple mixed v4/v6 IP addresses into a custom field.

Lundberg, Emory emory-lundberg at uiowa.edu
Fri Aug 31 13:49:36 EDT 2012

I cannot seem to get a scrip that will accept multiple comma-seperated addresses from an email (or any correspondevent for that matter), only one address will be accepted.

The scrip I am using is a custom action that looks like this:

	my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
	my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
	my $body = $Transaction->Content();
	my $cf = new RT::CustomField($RT::SystemUser);
	my $id;
	my $msg;
	my $queue = 'Testes';

	#---IPS
	if($body =~ /X-addresses\:(.*)\n/i){
	my $iplist = $1;
	($id,$msg) = $cf->LoadByNameAndQueue (Name=>'ip-addresses', Queue=>$queue);
	($id,$msg) = $Ticket->AddCustomFieldValue (Field => $cf, Value =>$iplist);
	}
	return(1);

I'm not opposed to being told I'm going about this the wrong way; present practice for my RT install is to have a web form submit requests, currently that request will have an IP address field that is picked up by a similar scrip (in addition to x-fqdn, x-contact, x-OS, and other information being collected) and I was thinking a comma-seperated list of mixed ipv4,ipv6 could be snarfed in one line and, as long as RT's address parser validated it, we'd be in business.

✔ Never use your HawkID's email address and password anywhere else!
   Emory Lundberg, Security Friend
   Information Security & Policy Office, University of Iowa