[rt-users] configuration help

Howell, Van van.howell at lcu.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:30:26 EST 2012

I am working to configure a new ticketing system.
I have RT setup to pick up mail via FetchMail.
I am also running OpenNMS. From time to Time OpenNMS send an email for a problem. It has a notice number.
This problem is recorded in RT as a ticket like this...
"Notice #486: HTTP down on library.lcu.edu (10.1.0.14) on node library.lcu.edu."
When the service us brought back up OpenNMS sends a second mail reporting the problem as resolved like this...
"RESOLVED: Notice #486: HTTP down on library.lcu.edu (10.1.0.14) on node library.lcu.edu."

The Notice # stays the same in OpenNMS. Is there a way to read this key and have RT enter this additional email from OpenNMS as a resolution to the first ticket?

I am new to both OpenNMS and RT but I think I can set OpenNMS to send the resolution to a different mail address like OpenNMS-Comment at mydomain.edu<mailto:OpenNMS-Comment at mydomain.edu> and then have RT check that box for resolutions. But how do I apply it to a specific RT ticket?

Van Howell
System Administrator
Lubbock Christian University