[rt-users] Show More About Requestors not showing Phone Numbers for Privileged users, but does for the Admin

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 29 10:28:18 EST 2012

On 02/27/2012 12:20 PM, Todd French wrote:
>       Background info: running RT4.0.2, and$MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo
>       is enabled:
>
>       Set($MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo, “WorkPhone, Organization”
>
>       As the administrator of RT, I can see the data for both fields in
>       the web interface for any ticket.  Any other privileged user,
>       however, sees nothing for the phone number, but does see the data
>       from the Organization field.  What I am not understanding is what
>       user right dictates being able to see the data in this field:  I
>       verified that it appears to be a user right by granting one of my
>       users the “Do anything and everything” right, and then they were
>       able to see the data in the WorkPhone field as well.

WorkPhone (and some other user fields) are not public.  They are visible
to admins (SuperUser or AdminUsers rights), but not normal users.  You
can make it visible to all by adding an
/opt/rt4/local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm overlay as described here:
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2012-February/074992.html

Instead of specifying

    Organization => { admin => 0 },

you'll want to use