[rt-users] Upgrade question

Joe Harris drey111 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:50:27 EST 2012

We have 2 rt systems currently (4.0.4 and 3.8.8). A few months ago I upgraded to 4.0.4 from 3.8.7 and with the information here and tutorials I found it was a very smooth transition. I now want to upgrade the other system and have a couple of questions.

We are a virtual shop so I am wondering if I simply clone our 4.0.4 system, change the name, IP, postfix mail settings and aliases, dump and load the database (to a new name) and upgrade the db to 4.0.4 will it work?  Or do I need to recompile/reconfigure the software and change --with-db-database=newdbname?

If I need to reconfigure, is there a simple way of doing that without having to go through the entire installation?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Sent from my mobile device.