[rt-users] RT 4 Upgrade Slow Performance - CustomFields?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed May 30 11:37:23 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Nathan Baker <bakern at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to try and separate this thread since my issue doesn't seem to be
> related to the Search page or the SelectOwner field.  Using the Mason
> Profiler did give me some info though, it looks like it might be due to some
> custom fields:
>
> =Mason= localhost -
> /Ticket/Elements/ShowCustomFields {{{
> =Mason= localhost -
> /Elements/ShowCustomFields {{{
> =Mason= localhost -
> /Elements/ShowCustomFields }}} 2.0221
> =Mason= localhost -
> /Ticket/Elements/ShowCustomFields }}} 2.0261
> =Mason= localhost -     /autohandler }}} 3.2073
>
> Is it normal that having 1-2 custom fields with about 10-20 options for each
> would cause this extra delay.  I know 2 seconds doesn't seem like much, but
> it can sometimes be longer.  Can anyone give me any tips as to what the
> issue could be?  Is Mason maybe caching that differently?

Nate,

Separating threads is correct, but skipping details about your system
is not so good.

I think here it's either slow one query or many semi-fast
queries. If you collect all queries for this page, it wouldn't be too
hard to isolate those that executed by ShowCustomFields.

The fact that subsequent requests take less time suggests that queries
end up in mysql query cache and are fast until cache is flushed. To
confirm you can disable cache in mysql for some time and check if
problem is repeatable on every request.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.