[rt-users] Database upgrade from 3.4.5 to 3.7.87 fails with Unkown Column

Ken Johnson kjohnson at eclypse.org
Fri Apr 5 23:24:36 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 05:43:41PM -0500, Ken Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade from RT 3.4.5 to 4.0.7 on Debian 6.0.7.
>
> I backed up the existing database and loaded it a new database
> according the the instructions in UPGRADING.mysql.  I reached the
> point where I believed it was time to perform the first stage of the
> database upgrades, and used a command like this:
>
> rt-setup-database-4 --action upgrade --dba user --dba-password
> password Enter RT version you're upgrading from: 3.4.5

It looks like at some point in the past - someone upgraded you to
3.4.5 without running the database upgrades.  Version 3.3.0 of RT added the
Pattern column to the CustomFields table.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/upgrade/3.3.0/schema.mys
ql

I'd be really concerned and be looking to see what else between your older
version and 3.4.5 was never upgraded.

-kevin

> +---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
> | Field         | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
> +---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
> | id            | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
> | Name          | varchar(200) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
> | Type          | varchar(200) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
> | Queue         | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
> | Description   | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
> | SortOrder     | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
> | Creator       | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
> | Created       | datetime     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
> | LastUpdatedBy | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |                |
> | LastUpdated   | datetime     | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
> | Disabled      | smallint(6)  | NO   | MUL | 0       |                |

Kevin,

Thank you for replying!  I can look into the database upgrade issue.

I'm still confused, though.  Why don't I see the the Pattern field in my
3.4.5 database in the CustomFields table (shown above)?  Where would I look
for it if not there?  Or is it there but I don't recognize it?

Ken