[rt-users] REMOTE_USER, external auth, and email mismatching

Philip Brown ppb at usc.edu
Fri Apr 26 20:09:53 EDT 2013

(arg, outlook.com...)

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] on behalf of Thomas Sibley [trs at bestpractical.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 04:38 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] REMOTE_USER, external auth, and email mismatching

On 04/26/2013 02:35 PM, Philip Brown wrote:

> So, I was hoping there was potentially a way to do any of the following:
>
> a) automatically drop the @xyz from REMOTE_USER entirely
> b) autoconvert the @xyz to @real.domain

You can accomplish (b) with these options:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT_Config.html#CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch-CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace

Thanks for the tip.
I followed the link, but it didnt explicitly give an answer to the following question.
For posterity and the list archive's sake:  does it also work for extern auth?
In other words, when it auto-creates an account, will it rewrite the *account name*?  Or will it just get triggered on actual email that comes in?