[rt-users] FW: Serious problem with mime/html format email containing attachments

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 3 23:15:04 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 22:39 +0100, Payam Poursaied wrote:
> First thank you for your feedback in the list regarding the bug in
> html parser

Do not reply off-list.  I believe Tom previously corrected you on that
in the email you quote below.

> First time I point this case in 2011
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2011-January/068219.html
>
> Later in 2012
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2012-October/078179.html
>
> And also submit it through the bug tracker:
> http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=21267

This is related to RT's algorithm for detecting which part to quote,
which has known bugs -- namely, not being sufficiently recursive.  This
is the same bug as
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=17769

I've merged your bug report into that one.  I believe there is at least
one patch you can try applying to see if it resolves your problem.
 - Alex