[rt-users] Suppressing RT System itself entries in Ticket History

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 25 11:07:27 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 09:52:37PM +0000, Raymond Corbett wrote:
> Forgive me as we are very new the all the settings that RT offers and you are very kind.
>
> I would answer generally I would say.
>
> We would like to see the a history list on the ticket to track replies and comments and such but do not want to see all history entries such as:
> Fri Feb 22 14:10:57 2013 The RT System itself - Outgoing email recorded
> Fri Feb 22 14:10:57 2013 The RT System itself - Outgoing email recorded
> Fri Feb 22 14:10:57 2013 The RT System itself - Status changed from 'new' to 'open'
>
> You explain that this is controlled by the ShowOutgoingEmail Is this
> an option somewhere, or is it a file that needs edited, or other? I
> can see no option anywhere in RT 4.0.10 that is labeled
> ShowOutgoingEmail.

I called it the 'ShowOutgoingEmail right' - It's a right you grant to
a group/user.  If you're running around as a SuperUser (root) you're
going to see everything unless you change code as suggested elsewhere
in the thread.

ShowOutgoingEmail is only going to suppress the Ougoing email
recorded.  The status changes don't have a right tied to them and
hiding them is unusual.

> And you speak of SkipTransaction callback in ShowHistory.    Again are these files that need edited.
>
> Sorry I have come a long way in getting an installation that looks
> like it will work well for us. But just not sure if you talking of
> options I cant find or files that need edited.

Customizing in general is documented here
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Customizing and there is a
Callbacks link there.

-kevin