[rt-users] Ignoring out of office emails

Brent Wiese bwiese at ElementPS.com
Tue Jan 15 18:26:56 EST 2013

I have a powershell script that emails users (using the System.Net.Mail class) and the "From" address is set to our RT system, making it easier for users to get help if needed.

The problem is, people's out-of-office responses are opening tickets.

I added the "Precendence: bulk" header after checking through the RT lists as it looks like (at least in rt 3.x) it would filter those emails out and not interact with tickets. But it's not working.

Is this no longer the case in RT4? Or does it not apply to ticket creation? I can see the Precendence: bulk header being added in the original email.

I was hoping to not have to modify RT/procmail, but I can go that route.

Thanks,
Brent