[rt-users] Users simultaneously replying

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Jan 16 13:49:43 EST 2013

On 01/14/2013 07:53 PM, Samuel Paris wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> We’ve recently started using RT for a department of about 15 users.
> We’re having a problem where multiple users are simultaneously replying
> to the same job. Is there a way to either:
>
> Change the status of a job when viewed?
>
> Lock the job when a reply is being written?
>
> Or any other suggestions to prevent this for happening?

You can implement locking via RT's normal rights.  Simply don't grant
ModifyTicket or ReplyToTicket to anyone but the Owner role group, but
make sure your Privileged users have the OwnTicket right.

Now in order to make changes to the ticket, they'll need to take it
first by claiming ownership.  Anyone who isn't the Owner won't be able
to modify it.