[rt-users] Error when sending or reciving mail (fork::abort: address space needed by xxx)

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 23 18:13:13 EDT 2013

On 07/23/2013 09:19 AM, scott.dalzell wrote:
> Hi Guy
>
> i am running RT4.0.12 using a mysql 5.6.10 under cygwin 2.774 and i am
> having a major issue

It's rather brave to use Cygwin for a production RT instance.

> When i try and and reply to a ticket or create a ticket via email i get the
> following in the error.log
>
> ---log file---
>
> [Tue Jul 23 16:51:49 2013] [error] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable:
> fork: Unable to fork new process
[snip]
>       2 [main] perl 1952 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
> 'cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll' (0x410000) is already occupied
> [Tue Jul 23 15:52:05 2013] [critical]:
> <rt-4.0.12-408-1374594725-1758.16552-6-0 at lfm-software.com>: Could not send
> mail with command `/opt/rt4/etc/msmtp_wrapper -oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b
> -OErrorMode=m -f lfm.test at aveva.com`: open2: fork failed: Resource
> temporarily unavailable at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm line
> 474.

Your server is running out of memory, likely because the maximum memory
usages of MySQL and Apache aren't properly configured to coexist
peacefully within the limits of your server.  Most people install Apache
and MySQL without tuning them, and then eventually run into problems
like this.

You should read about how to tune Apache and MySQL.  Starting with
mysqltuner.pl is a good start, but nothing will do this automatically
for you.  You'll need to manually make changes.

> this all started to happen when i added in a set of new queues. i have
> removed the queues but the error persists.

The new queues have nothing in particular to do with it.

> i have done some research and rebasing might be the answer.
>
> if this is the case how to i rebase and will it effect my mysql database?

Whatever research you did was mistaken or misleading.  "Rebasing" has
nothing to do with MySQL.  It is a concept in git, a source code
management tool, used during development.  You don't need to worry about
rebasing.