[rt-users] External custom fields: unable to change "categories are based on"

Michael Gerow gerow at mgerow.com
Wed Jul 24 22:00:05 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to use external custom field values from a database of mine
and am having a weird issue where the option to select the "Categories
are based on" field is gone after selecting a Fields value source (it
just seems
to disappear).

Also, and this may be unrelated, I don't seem to be able to change
the Fields values source field from my external values back to "Provide
list of values below".  It lets the change happen in the UI, but it
resets back
after I click "Save Changes".

Has anyone else had issues like this?

I'm using RT 4.0.4.