[rt-users] Notify via SMS if ticket Subject =~ /urgent/i

EJ Marmonti eugenejames at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:54:43 EDT 2013

Kevin:

Unfortunately following your suggestion didn't help.

The reason I check for a status change = new (rather than Condition=On
Create) is because the latter will send me an SMS everytime any ticket is
opened, regardless of the subject contents (as I would expect it to do
given that it says to "*Use these fields when you choose 'User Defined' for
a condition or action").

*So what I'm not sure of is if I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how
this is supposed to work, or perhaps something with the way I'm trying to
search for the word 'urgent' in the subject is not correct - ie: where
should that bit of code go if Condition=On Create?

For what I'm trying to accomplish, might it be better to create a custom
Condition?
ie:

rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Condition/Foo.pm?

In that case, should it in theory show up as an available action from the
drop-down of available actions?

Thanks