[rt-users] Notify via SMS if ticket Subject =~ /urgent/i

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 26 16:35:06 EDT 2013

Please obey the Reply-To.  Sending me personal mail when I read the
list is rude.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 03:54:43PM -0400, EJ Marmonti wrote:
>    Unfortunately following your suggestion didn't help.

Except you didn't follow my suggestions.

>    The reason I check for a status change = new (rather than Condition=On Create) is because the
>    latter will send me an SMS everytime any ticket is opened, regardless of the subject contents
>    (as I would expect it to do given that it says to "Use these fields when you choose 'User
>    Defined' for a condition or action").
>
>    So what I'm not sure of is if I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this is supposed to
>    work, or perhaps something with the way I'm trying to search for the word 'urgent' in the
>    subject is not correct - ie: where should that bit of code go if Condition=On Create?

You're misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

You're writing a custom action that checks a condition and then does
nothing.

Instead, write a custom condition that checks your condition and then
use the build in notification actions.

> >    It sounds to me like you actually wanted
> >    Condition: User Defined
> >    Action: Notify Other Recipieints or Notify Ccs or a custom notify
> >    action created with
> >    [4]http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/rt-email-group-admin.html

-kevin