[rt-users] Purposeful circumvention of loop prevention

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:23:53 EDT 2013

We have two instances of RT.  One is RTIR and the other is a very
large-scale RT.  Tickets created in RTIR's Blocks queue cause an email to
be sent to an "ABUSE-BLOCKS" queue in RT.  This all works fine.  If someone
replies to the RT ticket the subject gets updated in RTIR to include the
ticket # so that future updates in RTIR will go to the right ticket in RT.

What I want to do is have RT sent an auto-reply when the ticket is created
from the email sent by RTIR but the loop prevention is preventing this.  I
set the From, Reply-To and Precedence headers in the template to override
this behaviour and although I'm not seeing the "RT-DetectedAutoGenerated:
true" or the "RT-Squelch-Replies-To:" header on the RT end anymore it still
doesn't send an autoreply.  I've even tried overriding the
"X-RT-Loop-Prevention:" header in the template but this is apparently added
anyway and cannot be overriden. The others were overridden without an issue
except not that one.

What else can I do to trigger an autoreply here?  I know the risks and I'm
sure it's safe to do so here in this case without causing a loop.

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>